Are you a super-ager or are you getting old before your time? Why some people defy the ageing process while others are on an accelerated path to maturity is a mystery that scientists are seeking to solve in studies that look deeply into the way our bodies deal with passing years.
Midlife spread is myth.
by Peta Bee
New research says there’s no reason you should be fatter than you were at 25. You can’t blame your metabolism, so what’s to blame for the plague of the paunch?
Middle-aged spread can seem as random as it is unsightly. For every person plagued with a paunch and love handles post 40,
Health and fitness tips for over-40s from top athletes’ orthopaedic surgeon Bill Ribbans
By PETA BEE
During his 40-year career Bill Ribbans has tended to many of the top names in sport. Among the walking wounded that the British orthopaedic surgeon has helped to steer back to glory are the Olympic heptathlete Jessica Ennis-Hill,
Resolve to stick it out and reach your goals
Start slowly. Establish the habit of regular exercise. Build it gradually and the results will surely follow.
By Alister McMillan
By the morning of January 1,
It’s Osteopathy Awareness Week! Why don’t you #GiveOsteoAGo #OAW2019
Active pain management winning over Australians
- A third of Australians live with pain
- Chronic pain will eventually force 40% into early retirement
- ain management can involve strong medications and surgeries
- This Osteopathy Awareness Week,
It’s time to rethink our exposure to sunlight and ultraviolet rays. Their health benefits go way beyond vitamin D
UNLESS you’ve been living under a stone, it would be hard not to have heard that sunlight is bad for you. In fact if you are living under a stone,
Inspiring Aussies to give it a go
As the Commonwealth Games draw to a close, Aussies are inspired to venture into new sports.
- A third of Aussies that participate in sport suffer from a sports injury every year.
- During Osteopathy Awareness Week (15th – 21st April), Jessica Gallagher and Osteopathy Australia are encouraging people to #GiveItAGo,